Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Travelin' Diva Plants a Flower Garden

Search Amazon.com for flowers

Ok, so this is not traveling anywhere....but it is branching out and trying something NEW. I have never grown anything in my life...veggies, plants, etc. I have taken care of aloe vera (the Diva does sunburn easily) and other inside plants.

Me planting!!!





But, I have always wanted to try to plant some flowers, bushes, etc and had the BEST opportunity today with my Fresh Local Tasty East Texas meetup group.







"before"







"after"
 Every month we have a "barn raising" where we all help out one member of the group with some kind of project at their house. They provide lunch, etc and we provide the hard work!!  I was thrilled when they decided to come to my house and decided to plant some flower beds!  I learned
some valuable info as we planted mexican hydrangeas, monkey grass, hibiscus, petunias, etc and it is gorgeous! 

 Thanks ladies for helping me do something I have never done before!!  A new experience on the second day of my summer vacation!!  Let's see how many NEW things I can experience before I turn 30!!

So, everyone...try something NEW...it can be a little project or big...try a new cuisine, participate in a new exercise group, or watch a movie that is totally out of your comfort zone!!!!

Until next time,

The Travelin' Diva


***I am working on posting pics from Spring Break in DC so be on the look out for that!!


hydrangeas

hibiscus

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that you have a "barn raising" group! Beautiful work ladies! Please post pictures as your garden grows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please do share some pictures of the progress of your garden. Bring that love for planting back home, and you'll be able to transform your yard into a paradise!

    ReplyDelete